After upgrading my MacBook Pro to macOS Big Sur, I can’t transfer my mobile files via Samsung Smart Switch or Kies. Fortunately, I found that Android File Transfer can resolve the problem.
Introduction & Download
Android File Transfer is launched by Android officially. It is used for browsing and transferring files between your Mac computer and your Android device. Supports macOS 10.7 and higher.
Installation & Usage
- Download the app.
Android File Transferto
- Use the USB cable that came with your Android device and connect it to your Mac.
- Double click
Android File Transfer.
- Browse the files and folders on your Android device and copy files.
Troubleshoot: Connection Fail
Your computer must be using Mac OS X 10.5 and up.
- Download and install Android File Transfer on your computer.
- Open Android File Transfer. The next time that you connect your phone, it opens automatically.
- Unlock your phone.
- With a USB cable, connect your phone to your computer.
- On your phone, tap the ‘Charging this device via USB’ notification.
Use USB for, select
- An Android File Transfer window will open on your computer. Use it to drag files.
- When you’ve finished, unplug the USB cable.
Troubleshoot your computer
- Check that your computer is using Mac OS X 10.5 and up.
- Check that your computer has Android File Transfer installed and open.
- Restart your computer.
Troubleshoot your phone
- Update your Android version. Learn how to check and update your Android version.
- Restart your phone. On most phones, press and hold the Power button for about 30 seconds, until your phone restarts.
Troubleshoot your USB connections
- Try a different USB cable. Not all USB cables can transfer files.
- To test the USB port on your phone, connect your phone to a different computer.
- To test the USB port on your computer, connect a different device to your computer.